Last updated: 01/26/2022
Maddock Industries, Inc. (“us”, “we”, “our”, or “Maddock”) is a manufacturers’ representative for commercial and industrial HVAC products, providing sales and service throughout Illinois and NW Indiana. We manage the https://maddockindustries.com website.
Our website collects and dispenses information to assist in the sale of our tools and for our customers to shop and make buying decisions. All of the foregoing are referred to as the “Service.”
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Maddock may use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Service: the https://www.maddockindustries.com website managed by Maddock Industries
- Personal Data: means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession)
- Usage Data: data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit)
- Cookies: small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device)
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller; we may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively
- Data Subject (or User): any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data
Information Collection & Use
Maddock collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Information You Provide Us
You must fill in our forms before we have any personal information about you. Completing and submitting a form evidences your consent for us to obtain and use the information you provide to us, as indicated herein.
While using our Service, our contact us and check out page provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, zip/postal code, city
We do not retain credit card information at any time during or following purchases on the Site.
If you opt in, we may use your Personal Data to contact you with marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Tracking & Cookies Data
When you use the Site, we and our third-party service providers may automatically collect information about how you access and use the Site and information about the device you use to access the Site. We typically collect this information through a variety of tools, including cookies, web beacons, pixels, social media widgets, other tools to enable data recording and indexing, and similar tracking technologies (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We and our third-party partners may automatically collect such information as:
- IP or MAC address
- Device type
- Unique device identifier (UDID) or other device identifier (IMEI)
- Browser type
- Operating system or platform
- Name of Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Referring website
- Exiting website
- Clickstream data
- Search terms entered on the Site
- Pages visited on the Site
- Time, date, and duration of visit to the Site
- Whether you open emails from us
- Links you click on in our emails and on the Site
- Whether you access the Site from multiple devices
- Other interactions you may have on the Site
- Location or geo-location data (latitude/longitude, Wi-Fi / cell tower location, etc.)
Use of Data
We process personal information in order to provide products and services to you and additional services you request, as well as to respond to communications from you. The precise purposes for which your personal information is processed will be determined by the request, and by applicable laws, regulatory guidance, and professional standards.
We use information we collect from you and information that we collect automatically to manage and improve the Site and our business. We take steps to ensure that your rights are safeguarded. For example, we use information to: https://www.maddock.com/cart/
- Fulfill your orders and provide services to you. For example, we will collect and use your personal information to process and ship your orders, and to inform you about the status of your orders.
- Provide the Site and its features and functionality to you.
- Conduct data analytics to support the Site and our business. For example, we may analyze website user behavior and conduct research and analysis about the way you and other users use the Site.
- Manage, operate, and improve our business. For example, we may use data to improve the Site and/or our products and services, to develop new products and services, to market and promote our products and services, to administer promotions and other programs, to maintain our business records, to conduct internal monitoring and training, and to otherwise fulfill our other contractual obligations to you or other users or third parties.
- Manage risk and protect the Site. We use data to better protect our services, the Site, and you and our other users by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Site or our services.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of the Site and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and other legal requirements.
- For other purposes for which you provide your consent. For other purposes which are disclosed to you at the time your information is collected, or for purposes which can be inferred from or are obvious given the circumstances of collection.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Maddock may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Maddock will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Third-Party Service Providers
We may disclose your personal information to our vendors and other third-party service providers that help us provide services and support features the Site.
Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose personal information: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official requests; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal or external audit; or (v) in the event that Maddock is subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these instances, personal information may be shared or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Security of Data by User
We remind our users to carefully protect the personal information that you submit on the site — including passwords, usernames, location, images, and videos — so that third parties can’t manipulate your account or assume your identity.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As a resident of the EEA, you have certain data protection rights. Maddock aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. The person to contact is set out below.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Maddock relied on your consent to process your personal information.
To make one of the above requests you should contact us here.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 et. Seq. and sections 100,105,110, 115 and 125, individual users who reside in California from whom we collect personal information may request information about categories of information we collect, whether we sell such information and the categories of third parties we sell such information to, whether we share such information with third parties where information is not sold and the categories of third parties we share such information with and the categories of information shared.
To make such a request, send an email with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights” to email@example.com. If you have an account with us, or mail us at:
3435 N. Kimball Chicago, IL 60618 Attention CCPA Request.
In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by these California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Maddock makes the following further disclosures regarding the personal information collected within the last 12 months:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Source from which Data is Collected||Purpose of Collection||Category of Third Parties to whom Data is Disclosed|
|Contact information such as first and last name, company name, phone number, and email address||Directly from user||To provide our services and communicate with our users||Service Providers|
|Shipping and billing information such as mailing address, billing name and address, and credit card number or other payment information||Directly from user||To fulfill orders and facilitate payment for our products and services||Service Providers|
|Automatically collected information such as browser type, device type, and IP address||Cookies and other tracking technologies||To gather information about use of the Site, to improve the Site, and to enhance functionality of the Site||Service Providers|
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
- The categories of personal information Maddock has collected about you
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom Maddock shares your personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information Maddock has collected about you
- The categories of personal information that Maddock has sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, if applicable
- Deletion of your personal information
- An opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties
To submit a request, or designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 486-1000. To verify your identity when you submit a request, we will match the identifying information you provide to us to the personal information we have about you.
Maddock will not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for Maddock to maintain your personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and Maddock
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Maddock
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information
Maddock will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Maddock has no control or say over Google.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
With respect to any Product Warranties that Maddock offers to its customers, unless otherwise stated by Maddock in writing, warranties commence at Purchase of the Goods.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone number: (773) 486-1000
- By mail: 3435 N. Kimball Chicago, IL 60618