Maintaining the indoor air quality of your building has never been a more important.
From allergens to mold to CO2, indoor air that contains unhealthy levels of airborne contaminants, gases or pathogens is a threat to human health, safety and productivity.
But with the arrival of COVID-19, school, office and retail building occupants got an education in indoor air quality on an entirely new level. Today’s building managers must navigate a heightened sense of insecurity around airborne threats as well as the threats themselves.
Thankfully, technology has managed to keep up so school superintendents, building owners and property managers have more tools at their disposal for monitoring and ensuring the safety of indoor air than ever before. Air quality monitors, with continuous monitoring and trending, can help you find small problems that are easily fixed, like a broken actuator or a failed damper.
More importantly, these are air quality monitors, which can alert you in real time to the presence of unhealthy indoor air conditions or contaminants.
Detecting CO2, Radon, VOCs, Virus Risk Level & More
At Maddock Industries, we are an authorized representative for Airthings, maker of the world’s leading radon and indoor air quality monitors. Airthings products are easy to recommend to our school and commercial clients because they are developed by a company led by scientists, engineers, developers, and visionaries committed to solutions that keep people healthy.
Airthings’ View Plus for Business is a RESET approved sensor and battery or USB-powered wireless monitor with a customizable display and online dashboard providing data and reporting. RESET Air is the standard for monitoring the indoor air quality of commercial buildings.
The View Plus provides monitoring of key indicators that affect the quality of indoor air:
- Radon: a cancer-causing gas found in all buildings and homes
- Particulate Matter: irritates lungs, agitates preexisting conditions, and can lead to heart attacks and cancer
- Carbon Dioxide: induces drowsiness that adversely affects decision-making and productivity and can be a sign of a problem with the mix of indoor and outdoor air coming through your HVAC system
- Humidity: monitor humidity to prevent mold, dust mites, skin irritations, and the spread of viruses
- Temperature: keep an eye on temperature to improve comfort and productivity
- Airborne chemicals (VOCs): airborne chemicals from aerosols cause negative health effects
- Pressure: affects radon levels, can cause headaches, joint pain, and fatigue
- Virus risk indicator: while COVID and other viruses cannot be detected, the View Plus evaluates four factors and provides a risk level on a 10-point scales
The Most Reliable, Accurate Air Quality Monitoring
Don’t leave the indoor air quality of your building to chance. A properly installed, calibrated and RESET compliant air quality monitor can alert you to conditions that require your attention before they become a health or safety risk for students, employees, tenants, and guests.
At Maddock Industries, we can help get you set up quickly, so you have access to the data you need to keep your building safe.